Job Satisfaction

Nathan

Just out of curiosity, how much would you all say you enjoy your job (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being "best job I've had/could hope to have" and 1 being "I'm sending out applications as we speak")?

What are a couple of your favorite/least favorite parts about it?

Overall I enjoy it. Granted there are times I want to bang my head against the desk. I also enjoy trying to find new solutions. Some of my customers are great to work with. Others are dumber than rocks. The parts I like are when I get a job done and it works in the way it was intended. The parts that get me the most are when new policies are put out that make our job more cumbersome. And odds are those policies are put out because some denderhead somewhere screwed things up royaly and to make sure no one else does this we get new policies. (I swear that is the case). But being able to get a contract done correctly is good. Even better when the customer thinks you pulled a miracle to get it done in time. I work in medical contracting and find it interesting to learn about new medical devices and such and knowing that these things are used to put our guys back together. And that I have helped to do that.

There will be days where you will curse the FAR to no end but there are many good days too. I enjoy my office mates to. Most are easy to get along with and friendly people. I know of another office near me where other that have worked there feel like it is everyone for themselves. Hopefully you have an office more like mine rather than the latter.

Definitely in the 9-10 range. I love my job. Spent over a decade in private law practice being a slave to the billable hour. Now I'm supporting the warfighter and being a good steward for Uncle Sam and the taxpayer.

Depends on the day, and what questions I get. Sometimes it is fun and enjoyable as I feel like i am making a difference with some of the new people, other days ......................well i will leave it at that. Some people just dont like to research and figure stuff out.