Contingency Operation - Private Secuirty services

ipod24

Greetings,

I wanted to inquire on your knowledge regarding requirements/contract practices under contingency operations. I am currently deployed here in AFG, and am working on a contract that requires Private Security services. The situation I have: A MATOC-ID/IQ type contract that requires PSC services in order to perform their job. Thus, whenever a company (i.e., Prime) is selected under the MATOC-ID/IQ contract they subcontract their PSC services. With contingency operation, there is a requirement for personnel working on USG to load SPOT information with the exclusion of those who perform service(s) within < 30 days or do not require Government access, arming, etc. Being that the Government does not have privity over subcontractors we cannot necessarily enforce them to report their personnel in SPOT. We can, however, advice/recommend the Primes who subcontract to these PSC contractors - but not necessarily mandate (let me know if I am wrong on this)... Anyways, my question is:

1. Can a PCS service exist or any form of business exist under contingency operation, that solely does its business by being subcontractors of potential Prime contracts awarded by the Government.

2. Is there suppose to be some form of contract/agreement between, under this scenario, PSC and the Government allowing to perform PSC services for the Primes rendering service to the Government?

3. Is there a unique requirement for Private security services as it pertains to contracting, but more so contracting under contingency operation - in this case here in Afghanistan.

Your reposes/opinion on this issue would be greatly appreciated! B)