Combining GSA Schedules

I have BPA contract with a government agency and this BPA is due to expire soon. The government is considering using GSA Schedules in order to develop a bridge contract until they re-compete the BPA effort again. The scope of work and labor categories can fall under the GSA IT 70 and GSA PES Schedules. Our company has both Schedules, but the engineering labor categories are listed under PES and IT labor categories are with IT 70. Can the government develop a BPA using both Schedules in order to accommodate scope, rates and labor positions?

I have BPA contract with a government agency and this BPA is due to expire soon. The government is considering using GSA Schedules in order to develop a bridge contract until they re-compete the BPA effort again. The scope of work and labor categories can fall under the GSA IT 70 and GSA PES Schedules. Our company has both Schedules, but the engineering labor categories are listed under PES and IT labor categories are with IT 70. Can the government develop a BPA using both Schedules in order to accommodate scope, rates and labor positions?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Generally a BPA is issued against contractors GSA Schedule contracts. A BPA is not a contract itself but just an agreement on how future orders are placed and usually include some additional price considerations (for example, greater discounts. So if you now have a BPA contract and the government is considering using GSA Schedules to develop a bridge contract, that's something I don't follow.

Agencies often issue a solicitation and either specify the work they want done or the generic labor categories they need. Then they let companies propose using their GSA Schedule contracts, regardless of the specific Schedules involved. Often companies can propose as many as three Scheduless - IT, PES, and MOBIS, for example.

The BPA just references the specific GSA Schedule contracts for that company, along with additional considerations that apply - for example, additional discounts based upon volume purchasing.