Finding Info about Various MACs

I have found this to be a particularly vexing problem throughout my acquisition career, but I wanted to see if anyone out there has a particularly good method for identifying potential MACs. The GWACs are easy enough, but I don't think those will do it in this case for me. The only method I really know if is getting lucky by finding the websites of various contracting activities and searching through those, but maybe there is a better way and if anyone would know it would be WIFCON posters. In my particular instance I am trying to locate any vehicles that I could order security equipment (CCTV cameras and the like) through. The broader question is still an important one though. Usually search engines only turn up a lot of junk related to the GSA FSS and nothing else.

Your statement "Usually search engines only turn up a lot of junk related to the GSA FSS and nothing else" is a strange comment to make. GSA FSS 58 5 contains 24 separate vendors that supply various makes and models of CCTV cameras. Most of these items are commercially available in the open market and can be found during a routine Google search. Most of the GSA FSS vendors are small businesses.

You may want to try the Interagency Contract Directory (ICD), as described at FAR 5.601. The ICD, as it exists today, is currently a pilot/test as the government reviews its functionality, elements, and help screens before final production, but you may find something useful.

Thank you. That is quite helpful.