Issuing an ID/IQ using SAP procedures

verygreen

Is it possible to issue an ID/IQ contract using SAP procedures? I have a requirement which is under $150k and the end user wants to be able to buy at least 100 widgets but no more than 500 widgets per year over a three year period. They are commerical items. Is there a better way to issue this without having to make 15 options or turning it into a large contract?

Does FAR 13.302-1 (b ) (1) restrict this?

Is it possible to issue an ID/IQ contract using SAP procedures? I have a requirement which is under $150k and the end user wants to be able to buy at least 100 widgets but no more than 500 widgets per year over a three year period. They are commerical items. Is there a better way to issue this without having to make 15 options or turning it into a large contract?

Just a question: are there multiple manufacturers and/or suppliers? If so, would a BPA arrangement for competition work? Would that allow you to keep price competition fresh over a three year period?

Does FAR 13.302-1 (b ) (1) restrict this?

I don't think so. Did you read 12.207( c)? It discusses ID/IQ contracts for commercial items.

Guest Vern Edwards

I do not know of any rule that prevents the use of simplified acquisition procedures to award an IDIQ contract. FAR 13.302-1(B)(1) says that you must specify the quantity of supplies. You would specify the quantity as a minimum with authority to order up to the maximum.