obligation to offer GSA Advantage prices to all federal customers?

• 2 weeks later...
When selling to federal customers independent of the MAS program are you (or your distributors) tied to the GSA Advantage prices? I am almost certain the answer is no, but I cannot find any authority on point.

If it is an Open Market acquisition, you are not tied to your company's GSA Advantage prices. However, please note that if your federal customers find out that you sold the items at a higher price than you have on Advantage, your company's reputation will surely take a hit.

If it is an Open Market acquisition, you are not tied to your company's GSA Advantage prices. However, please note that if your federal customers find out that you sold the items at a higher price than you have on Advantage, your company's reputation will surely take a hit.

While my company's experience may not be representative, we've never had a federal customer while procuring on its own behalf make any sort of reference to or question regarding our discounted GSA MAS prices. Had we become aware of any "hit" to our reputation based on the GSA MAS discount, we'd have explained that the GSA discount is a concession made by the contractor in return for the theoretical reduction in competition (only Schedule holders may propose) and mass sales opportunities offered to the contractor through the program.