CAFU and Flash Audit Reports

I'm doing some research on DCAA's use of real-time "flash" audit reports. My thesis is that flash audit reports historically were issued to warn PCOs of contractor deficiencies that might impact contract pricing actions. That's why flash reports related to estimating system deficiencies are reportable audits in CAFU but other flash audit reports are not (at least, that's how I read DoDI 7640.02). Recently, however, DCAA seems to be issuing flash reports as a matter of routine, using them to document audit leads and other miscellaneous findings that clearly have no impact on current contract pricing actions. The "routine" flash reports have the same distribution as the estimating system reports, as far as I can tell.

I confess I have little to go on other than gut feel. I can't find any guidance that discusses the reports other than the CAM or the DoDI noted above. So I'm soliciting any input -- anecdotes, reference material, etc. -- that might confirm, or refute, my thesis.

Anybody?

Thanks for the help.

I'm doing some research on DCAA's use of real-time "flash" audit reports. My thesis is that flash audit reports historically were issued to warn PCOs of contractor deficiencies that might impact contract pricing actions. That's why flash reports related to estimating system deficiencies are reportable audits in CAFU but other flash audit reports are not (at least, that's how I read DoDI 7640.02). Recently, however, DCAA seems to be issuing flash reports as a matter of routine, using them to document audit leads and other miscellaneous findings that clearly have no impact on current contract pricing actions. The "routine" flash reports have the same distribution as the estimating system reports, as far as I can tell.

I confess I have little to go on other than gut feel. I can't find any guidance that discusses the reports other than the CAM or the DoDI noted above. So I'm soliciting any input -- anecdotes, reference material, etc. -- that might confirm, or refute, my thesis.

Anybody?

Thanks for the help.

Here_

We've experienced this lately at my company, too. I'll try to do some research and get back to you.