Requisition Funding by CR Date

newbie1102

Please help - My Program office is creating FY12 Requisitions to fund a Time and Materials task order that is based on the date of the CR. They have received direction from management that this is the way to fund a task order for a contract that has the period of performance into next year. I believe that all that is required is that the requisition be funded for the period of performance, and that the FAR clause 52.232-19 needs to be added and modified to cap the availbility of funds at the level based on the CR date.

Our Finance Division believes this is the only way to certify that funds are truly available and supports this approach. Our Agency gets funded for this task order from another Agency. We do not know what the 'annual' funding figure is yet (we are still operating under the FY11 levels) and I am told that the other agency only transfers the amount available under the CR..

Can you please provide funding policy guidance for this situation, so I can share this information with the Program and Finance folks?

Thank you!!!

Guest Vern Edwards

Why are you asking that question here? Does it make sense to ask strangers who don't have all the facts that you do and who don't even know who you work for? You want us to make recommendations for your finance office? If you can't work this out within your own organization, what do you expect from us? Be realistic.

Why are you asking that question here? Does it make sense to ask strangers who don't have all the facts that you do and who don't even know who you work for? You want us to make recommendations for your finance office? If you can't work this out within your own organization, what do you expect from us? Be realistic.

I understand your position that this posting is without specifics. I really am just wondering if anyone else has ever funded a time and materials task order by funding a requisitions for each CR date. We used to do it for the full performance period and put the FAR 52.232-19 clause with the funding limitations. Now the Finance folks want the program fold to create a req for each CR date, so essentially we are funding by each new CR date, which seems backwards to me if we know what essentially our funding level for the whole FY based on FY11 CR. I apologize that I am asking a general question, but I just would like some CR fundiong advice and I thought that I could ask here and find someone who would share their experience..

I understand your position that this posting is without specifics. I really am just wondering if anyone else has ever funded a time and materials task order by funding a requisitions for each CR date. We used to do it for the full performance period and put the FAR 52.232-19 clause with the funding limitations. Now the Finance folks want the program fold to create a req for each CR date, so essentially we are funding by each new CR date, which seems backwards to me if we know what essentially our funding level for the whole FY based on FY11 CR. I apologize that I am asking a general question, but I just would like some CR fundiong advice and I thought that I could ask here and find someone who would share their experience..

As I understand it, we can fully fund our annual operations and maintenance contracts on the first day of a continuing resolution -- the continuing resolution provides a full year's money but limits the period it is available for obligation -- so even if a CR only provides a ninety days obligation period, you can still obligate 365 days work on an annual operations and maintenance contract.