Negotiating T.O.s Under LPTA

For contratos:

I need information on how to negotiate and award T.O.s under LPTA. My agency does it in accordance with FAR subpart 15.3 even though the FAR states that this part does not apply to task orders. Could you share other business practices across DOD?

Edited: So as not to have to read the mind of the questioner, is the real question here "can we simply use price-only as the basis for competing task orders under FAR Subpart 16.5, therefore not be required to use price and other factors, as described in 15.3?"

Or does the questioner simply want to know if and how other organizations simplify task order competitions in comparison with a source selection for a new contract, using the procedures in FAR 15.3?

If not either of those choices, what exactly do you want to know? The question, as stated, could result in people investing time providing answers all over the spectrum. It depends upon the purpose and objectives of the task order competition as to how to simplify it versus source selection competition for a stand alone contract.

For contratos:

I need information on how to negotiate and award T.O.s under LPTA. My agency does it in accordance with FAR subpart 15.3 even though the FAR states that this part does not apply to task orders. Could you share other business practices across DOD?

16.505 (B)(1) (ii) includes this sentence:

?The competition requirements in Part 6 and the policies in Subpart 15.3 do not apply to the ordering process.?

The fact that ?it does not apply? does not mean that FAR 15.3 is prohibited.

Even if one did discern a prohibition where none exists, the Tradeoff Process and the Lowest Price Technically Acceptable Source Selection Process are discussed in FAR Subpart 15.1, not FAR 15.3. You can use either the Tradeoff Process or the Lowest Price Technically Acceptable Source Selection Process to compete TOs under FAR Part 16.5.