Selected Contractor Pending Award

Penguin10

Hi,

I am an FSS Contractor which was selected by the Contracting Officer at a VA Medical Facility but we are currently awaiting the award documents being finalized (SF 1449). Meanwhile, the FSS contracting officer awarded an Economic Price Adjustment for the medical equipment that was selected by the VA Medical Facility. Do I need to notify the VA Medical Facility Contracting Officer of this adjustment?

The correct answer would depend on a lot of facts that have not been provided, primarily what's in the FSS and any paperwork exchanged between VA and vendor.

That may be why the forum gurus have weighed in on other topics since this question was posted, but not yet on this one.

But I will stick my neck out and say the right answer to me would seem to be of course the vendor should notify the contracting officer of a government-authorized price change between selection and award.

There may be a risk of losing the order, but keeping silent and getting the order on a foundation of withholding information would not set well and may spoil the relationship with the customer once the whole story comes out.