Split Requirements - Commercial Item and Service

Jess

I have a requirement to replace some old turnstiles in a government facility. This effort involves removing the old turnstiles, purchasing new turnstiles and installing the new turnstiles into the government facility--all commercially available items/services.

Due to funding issues, the customer would like this to be treated as two separate requirements. One requirement for the teardown and install of the turnstiles (services) and another for the purchase of the turnstiles (item/commodity).

Would this be considered a split requirement?

The turnstiles are an end item. My thought is that the new turnstiles are not functional unless installed, so it should all be considered one single requirement and solicited as such.

Please advise.

Thank you!

I have a requirement to replace some old turnstiles in a government facility. This effort involves removing the old turnstiles, purchasing new turnstiles and installing the new turnstiles into the government facility--all commercially available items/services.

Due to funding issues, the customer would like this to be treated as two separate requirements. One requirement for the teardown and install of the turnstiles (services) and another for the purchase of the turnstiles (item/commodity).

Would this be considered a split requirement?

The turnstiles are an end item. My thought is that the new turnstiles are not functional unless installed, so it should all be considered one single requirement and solicited as such.

Please advise.

Thank you!

In my opinion, this is not a commercial service, it is a small construction project. I doubt if the installation services are "commercial", based upon catalog pricing. But I might be wrong.

I think that the government could purchase turnstiles as a commercial item acquisition and provide them as government furnished equipment to the installer on a small construction acquisition.

Guest Vern Edwards

I wouldn't have a problem with one contract for removal and installation and another for purchase. However, I wonder if installation ordinarily comes with purchase.