Dividing Labor and Travel across two orders

bigred

I have a question regarding splitting labor and Travel that were incurred in support of the same conference across two Task Orders.

We have two contracts in place, with overlapping Periods of Performance , both are funded, and the scope of these contracts allow us to provide Conference support to the same client. This client wanted us to spend down as much of the money on Contract A as possible and then start charging to Contract B.

We had an employee travel and support a week-long conference for this client. After you factor in the Labor costs incurred for this conference and bill them to Contract A the funding for Contract A will be fully expended. Knowing that we have Travel that is going to hit once lagging expense reports are processed, we will have exceeded the funding on Contract A. As a result, the client wants us to bill the Travel for the conference to Contract B.

Ultimately my question is, Can I charge labor incurred at the conference against one contract while I charge the Travel for the conference against a different contract?

Guest Vern Edwards

I don't know the answer to your question, but if I were you I would be very careful about this. You might be on the verge of making your company vulnerable to an accusation of cost mischarging.

If I were in your shoes I would ask the CO for written billing instructions -- what and how much to bill against each contract.

I have a question regarding splitting labor and Travel that were incurred in support of the same conference across two Task Orders.

We have two contracts in place, with overlapping Periods of Performance , both are funded, and the scope of these contracts allow us to provide Conference support to the same client. This client wanted us to spend down as much of the money on Contract A as possible and then start charging to Contract B.

We had an employee travel and support a week-long conference for this client. After you factor in the Labor costs incurred for this conference and bill them to Contract A the funding for Contract A will be fully expended. Knowing that we have Travel that is going to hit once lagging expense reports are processed, we will have exceeded the funding on Contract A. As a result, the client wants us to bill the Travel for the conference to Contract B.

Ultimately my question is, Can I charge labor incurred at the conference against one contract while I charge the Travel for the conference against a different contract?

Your question is confusing, primarily because you use different terms. At one point you say you have "two Task Orders" and then, several times, you say you have "different contracts"?

So do you have two Task Orders issued under the same contract or two different contracts?