Authorizing another customer to order off my IDIQ

I administer an IDIQ and another agency wants to order directly off it. They don't want to MIPR the money jsut order right off it. Now I know I must do an admin mod with a statement that says : we authorize this agency to oder this one time off of this IDIQ. What exact text should I use and what clause gives me the authority to do (Provided I have my CORs approval). Thanks

Guest carl r culham

IDIQ - Some quick thoughts with no detail offered because the question raised can get complicated. So have you and the other agency considered -

Scope of competition for the IDIQ?

Economy Act and augmentation of appropriation matters?

CO authorities that cross agency lines?

Administering the IDIQ within maximum dollar threshold - Effect of hitting maximum at detriment to your own agency needs?

In the end many questions but possibly doable. COR approval has little do with it, CO approval does and a CO would be asking the above questions and others too I am sure.

Guest Vern Edwards

Two thoughts:

First, I question whether you can add the other agency by administrative modification. The contractor agreed to do business with your agency, not with the government generally and not with the other agency specifically. I advise you to at least ask the contractor how it would like to proceed. I assume that they'll want the additional business, but if they don't like the prices they agreed to they might balk. It would be easier for your agency to do the ordering. Why let the other agency do it? What's in it for you? Either way, orders for or by the other agency would be governed by the Economy Act.

Second, there could be a scope of the competition issue, although I don't know that for sure. I wouldn't worry about it, but I'd keep the possibility in mind.

I administer an IDIQ and another agency wants to order directly off it. They don't want to MIPR the money jsut order right off it. Now I know I must do an admin mod with a statement that says : we authorize this agency to oder this one time off of this IDIQ. What exact text should I use and what clause gives me the authority to do (Provided I have my CORs approval). Thanks

Are you a government employee or contractor employee?