CASE and ACRN

Can someone explain "ACRN" and "CASE" (QBI QAY WAY QDE QBC QZO etc) to me? I've searched but I'm not finding any info.

Thanks much

Dave

Do you perhaps mean "CAGE" instead of CASE - as in Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code?

As noted above, ACRN is Accounting Classification Reference Number -- this is a two character code used in a contract in lieu of a long line of accounting -- well, the long line will appear once (maybe in Section G), but the shorter ACRN is used everywhere else (such as in Section B).

I don't know CASE.

Guest Vern Edwards

CASE stands for Computer Aided Software Engineering or Computer Aided Systems Engineering, but I'm not sure it means that in your case.

An example of use would help.

Thanks for the help so far. My fault for not being clear though...

I expect that my question is much more fundamental: What do QBI, QAY, WAY, QDE, QBC, QZO, etc represent? Sometimes they're associated with CASE, and sometimes with "Authority." For example, "I changed the face page to reflect QBD line 001 instead of 019," and block 14 now includes "Authority: QBD 001."

Sorry about the confusion.

Dave

lawboydave,

I assume your reference to block 14 means that you are trying to decipher a contract modification on an SF 30. Those codes are nonstandard as far as the regulations are concerned. I would ask the contracting officer who signed the modification.

Thanks for the help so far. My fault for not being clear though...

I expect that my question is much more fundamental: What do QBI, QAY, WAY, QDE, QBC, QZO, etc represent? Sometimes they're associated with CASE, and sometimes with "Authority." For example, "I changed the face page to reflect QBD line 001 instead of 019," and block 14 now includes "Authority: QBD 001."

Sorry about the confusion.

Dave

Sounds like those (QBI, QAY, etc.) could be references to columns on a spreadhseet.