contract type again

contractor100

I would like to go back to what was said about BPAs and the competition requirement since I am trying to find information regarding BPA use and I didn't see any other place to ask the question. Our Agency is currently advertising a solicitation to get responses and establish BPAs with multiple vendors for service work. They are using the BPA approach because they do not have sufficient funds to apply as minimum quantities under multiple award IDIQ contracts. Since a BPA is not a contract, if my agency has a need that exceeds $100,000 can they simply go to the BPA holders and place a call? Or, do they need to advertise their requirement in FedBizOpps and then other vendors could compete on that requirement?

Schedule orders, assuming they are not using Recovery Act funds, need never appear in FBO.

Ordering procedures for BPAs are as follows (8.405-3):

(B) Ordering from BPAs?

(1) Single BPA. If the ordering activity establishes one BPA, authorized users may place the order directly under the established BPA when the need for the supply or service arises.

(2) Multiple BPAs. If the ordering activity establishes multiple BPAs, before placing an order exceeding the micro-purchase threshold, the ordering activity shall?

(i) Forward the requirement, or statement of work and the evaluation criteria, to an appropriate number of BPA holders, as established in the BPA ordering procedures; and

(ii) Evaluate the responses received, make a best value determination (see 8.404(d)), and place the order with the BPA holder that represents the best value.

(3) BPAs for hourly rate services. If the BPA is for hourly rate services, the ordering activity shall develop a statement of work for requirements covered by the BPA. All orders under the BPA shall specify a price for the performance of the tasks identified in the statement of work.

© Duration of BPAs. BPAs generally should not exceed five years in length, but may do so to meet program requirements. Contractors may be awarded BPAs that extend beyond the current term of their GSA Schedule contract, so long as there are option periods in their GSA Schedule contract that, if exercised, will cover the BPA?s period of performance.

Schedule orders, assuming they are not using Recovery Act funds, need never appear in FBO.

Ordering procedures for BPAs are as follows (8.405-3):

(B) Ordering from BPAs?

(1) Single BPA. If the ordering activity establishes one BPA, authorized users may place the order directly under the established BPA when the need for the supply or service arises.

(2) Multiple BPAs. If the ordering activity establishes multiple BPAs, before placing an order exceeding the micro-purchase threshold, the ordering activity shall?

(i) Forward the requirement, or statement of work and the evaluation criteria, to an appropriate number of BPA holders, as established in the BPA ordering procedures; and

(ii) Evaluate the responses received, make a best value determination (see 8.404(d)), and place the order with the BPA holder that represents the best value.

(3) BPAs for hourly rate services. If the BPA is for hourly rate services, the ordering activity shall develop a statement of work for requirements covered by the BPA. All orders under the BPA shall specify a price for the performance of the tasks identified in the statement of work.

? Duration of BPAs. BPAs generally should not exceed five years in length, but may do so to meet program requirements. Contractors may be awarded BPAs that extend beyond the current term of their GSA Schedule contract, so long as there are option periods in their GSA Schedule contract that, if exercised, will cover the BPA?s period of performance.

These BPAs are not established against any existing GSA Schedule. The Agency is creating their own BPAs. That is why I asked if BPA calls greater than the simplified acquisition threshold would need to be advertised. I am a little confused on this. There is no underlying contract in place.

These BPAs are not established against any existing GSA Schedule. The Agency is creating their own BPAs. That is why I asked if BPA calls greater than the simplified acquisition threshold would need to be advertised. I am a little confused on this. There is no underlying contract in place.

Yes. You would have to publicize a notice.