Preparation of the Government Estimate

Is there any prohibition against a Performance Assessment Representative (formerly a QAE, CSR) providing estimated hours to the Program Leads to assist them with the development of the IGE? I am trying to find something in the regulations that may prohibit this, other than the PAR appointment letter. The PAR appointment letter only tells the PAR not to change the scope. It doesn't really state they are not allowed to help develop the IGE based on their expertise. Are there any rules? Thank you

Guest Vern Edwards

I assume that the PAR is a government employee. If so, I don't know of any government-wide rule that prohibits any government employee, no matter what their job or job title, from assisting in the development of an independent government cost estimate.

Is there any prohibition against a Performance Assessment Representative (formerly a QAE, CSR) providing estimated hours to the Program Leads to assist them with the development of the IGE? I am trying to find something in the regulations that may prohibit this, other than the PAR appointment letter. The PAR appointment letter only tells the PAR not to change the scope. It doesn't really state they are not allowed to help develop the IGE based on their expertise. Are there any rules? Thank you

We totally EXPECT our civil-servant PAR (COR, COTR, ConRep, CSR, QAE, etc) to assist with such matters!!!

We totally EXPECT our civil-servant PAR (COR, COTR, ConRep, CSR, QAE, etc) to assist with such matters!!!

I'm curious why creyes814 might think that there is a problem with a performance assessment representative providing input to a government estimate.

For that matter, we often have A-E firms and contracted professional estimating firms preparing the guts of government estimates for various construction contracts and some specialized services like explosive ordinance disposal.