Subcontracting Plans for Small Businesses

We are looking at awarding a $4M contract to a small business set-aside, 8A or disabled vet and I am trying to find information on subcontracting plans and if they need to be submitted when you are putting out an RFP for small business?

Someone told me that you only need to have a subcontracting plan for large businesses.

We are looking at awarding a $4M contract to a small business set-aside, 8A or disabled vet and I am trying to find information on subcontracting plans and if they need to be submitted when you are putting out an RFP for small business?

Someone told me that you only need to have a subcontracting plan for large businesses and I agree but I have been told you have to do it for small businesses also which does not make sense to me.

I answered my own question. During lunch I did research in the FAR and it says under 19.702 (:D that you do not need to do them for small business concerns and I showed the individual that and he said that I am correct.

See FAR 19.702 (:D Subcontracting plans...are not required (1) From small business concerns. Make sure that you add 52.219-14 Limitations on Subcontracting.

Nevermind

Thanks Bremen. I had a brain dump and then I took time for lunch and found what I was trying to find. When there is a disagreement, I like to be able to show the FAR reference and any other laws so it doesn't look like I am just pulling this out of my head.