Business Class Travel and FAR 31.205-46(b)

Correct me if I'm wrong but JTR applies to DoD personal services contract employees per JTR para C1001(A)(1)

Look at the express language of 31.205-46. " Paragraphs (a)(2) and (a)(3) of this subsection do not incorporate the regulations cited in subdivisions (a)(2)(i), (ii), and (iii) of this subsection in their entirety. Only the maximum per diem rates, the definitions of lodging, meals, and incidental expenses, and the regulatory coverage dealing with special or unusual situations are incorporated herein."

It clearly limits the application of the various travel regulations to a determination of the allowability and reasonableness of lodging and per diem.

Look at the express language of 31.205-46. " Paragraphs (a)(2) and (a)(3) of this subsection do not incorporate the regulations cited in subdivisions (a)(2)(i), (ii), and (iii) of this subsection in their entirety. Only the maximum per diem rates, the definitions of lodging, meals, and incidental expenses, and the regulatory coverage dealing with special or unusual situations are incorporated herein."

It clearly limits the application of the various travel regulations to a determination of the allowability and reasonableness of lodging and per diem.

Retreadfed,

Yes you are correct. And you are pointing out what frustrates many contractors, which is that they are held to a stricter standard than the Federal government applies to its own employees.

Got it, I see your point.