Service Contracting Reference Material

j_dude77

Guest Vern Edwards

Can you be more specific? What sort of references are you looking for? References as to what aspect(s) of service contracting? Or are you looking for a general treatise?

Does anyone know if there are any good references that deal strictly with Service Contracting.

Try this:

https://www.acquisition.gov/comp/seven_steps/home.html

I do agree with Vern. Please be more specific. There is OPM guidance dating back as far at 1998 on this subject. As I am not sure what you want, I will not offer more at this time..

A general treatise would be a good start. Would like to find something dealing with common pitfalls, and how to avoid them. If there are any references dealing with other specific areas, that would help. I have found lots of material covering PBA, but that is only one part of Service Contracting.

Vern PM sent. Thanks again for any information you can provide.

The requirement I have is for mandatory occupational safety training. If an operator does not have this trianing they cannot operate the equipment. The training includes a written and practical examination that must be passed in order to receive recertification.

I found this information on DOL's website.

The Act covers contracts and any bid specifications in excess of $2,500, whether negotiated or advertised, entered into by federal and District of Columbia agencies where the principal purpose of the contract is to furnish services in the U.S. through the use of service employees. The definition of a service employee includes any employee engaged in performing services on a covered contract other than a bona fide executive, administrative, or professional employee who meets the exemption criteria set forth in 29 CFR Part 541.

29 CFR ? 541.303b Exempt teachers include, but are not limited to: teachers of skilled and semi-skilled trades and occupations.

My question is, does the SCA apply to this.

Either way, any additional guidance or reference information on the SCA would still be appreciated.