Jump to content
The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'pop extension'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Instructions and Terms of Use
    • Terms Of Use
    • Before You Register, Before You Post
  • Contracting Forum
    • Section 809 Panel
    • Polls
    • For Beginners Only
    • Contracting Workforce
    • Recommended Reading
    • Contract Award Process
    • Contract Pricing Including CAS & Allowable Costs
    • Contract Administration
    • Schedules, GWACS, MACs, IDIQs
    • Subcontracts & Subcontract Management
    • Small Business, Socioeconomic Programs
    • Proposed Law & Regulations; Legal Decisions
  • Federal Contracting: A New Beginning
    • The Competition in Contracting Act

Blogs

  • The Wifcon Blog
  • Don Mansfield's Blog
  • Bob Antonio's Blog
  • NCMA HQ Blog
  • Professor Ralph Nash's Blog
  • Emptor Cautus' Blog
  • Centre Knowledge Blog
  • Leftbrainpro.com Answer Blog
  • SmallGovCon.com
  • Patterns of Procurement

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Categories

  • Rules & Tools
  • Legal Opinions
  • News

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. Can you extend the POP at no additional cost to the Government in excess of one year using one year funding (O&M)?
  2. I have a project which needs to be extended 60 days due to the Government's inability to provide final Authority to Operate (ATO) on a Land Mobile Radio project that expires 28 June. The delayed ATO has resulted in delays in final cutover which was scheduled in May, and ultimately final acceptance of a $multimillion project before PoP End. It was the team's hope that the ATO would come through in a timely fashion and still allow for final acceptance by 28 June, but all are finally in agreement that it cannot happen. Therefore, the Government is requesting the extension. The Contractor says they can extend for 60 days but cannot advise the cost for the extension at this time, and requests to be able to add costs when costs are determined during the extension period. I disagree with their approach. They know how much it cost to cancel the cutover (rescheduling resources), and I do not understand why they cannot provide a cost for this extension. If it is travel costs they are concerned about, then that is not an effect of the extension since the CLIN is already built in and funds are available for the cutover that was anticipated in May. If it's simply reallocation of resources then that should be fairly simple to price (IMO). I can't seem to even get the Contractor to identify what the cost(s) might be since they are dealing with 3 different subs on this project. If I cannot get the contractor to provide costs, what are my options? I can do a no cost extension, since the extension is in the best interest of the government on a $multimillion project that won't receive final acceptance due to GOV Delays. But when the Contractor comes back in with additional costs, and they will, would they need to submit as an Equitable Adjustment or Claim? I don't see how I can add PoP Extension costs after the fact, especially when we know there will be added costs. Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated. My apologies for sounding like a Newbie but this is just one of those areas I haven't had to deal with yet. Thank you in advance...
×
×
  • Create New...