Jump to content
The Wifcon Forums and Blogs


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

6,327 profile views
  1. You will need to see the clause that is flowed down to your company from the Prime. It's my understanding each Department & Agency will issue its own FAR Class Deviation and there is a possibility that, depending on the Department/Agency, the clause may apply to COTS. It will all depend on the policy that issued in that Department/Agency FAR class deviation. You also may want to locate the website for the Department/Agency that you support in the next weeks to see what guidance they are providing to contractors. Hope this helps.
  2. I believe the Federal acquisition system is complex. I have read and heard for many years that the Federal Government should run like a business but I think this is incorrect. I believe reformers should look not at business but other Governments. What do other Governments, for instance countries in the European Union, and their acquisition system, do or not do, that could be used to improve the US Federal acquisition system?
  3. Here is a GAO decision that you may want to research: GAO Decision B-318046, Library of Congress—Obligation of Guaranteed Minimums for Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity Contracts under the FEDLINK Program, July 7, 2009, https://www.gao.gov/assets/b-318046.pdf
  4. From the article it does not appear he has much of a background in Federal Procurement. If the past is prologue with recent OFPP Administrators I don't think he will be in the position very long.
  5. I noticed in the decision reference to several different dictionaries such as Oxford English Dictionary, Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, Random House Dictionary of the English Language, etc. I would take from this that when considering the use of a word you may need to research several different dictionaries.
  6. You may want to check NCMA and or Bloomberg Government as a source. I found a report by NCMA and Bloomberg Government on 2013 Government Contracting that contained data on 1102 work force "Total Number of 1102s, 1998–2013" and "Average Number of Contract Dollars Obligated Per 1102" and they may have better data in a more recent report. Here's the link for reference: https://www.govexec.com/media/gbc/docs/pdfs_edit/061914cc3.pdf
  7. I would check within your Department/Agency for new supervisor training. When I became a supervisor for the first time I found I had the technical knowledge and experience but very little when it came to being a supervisor. Leadership is nice but if you have a subordinate that needs to be placed on a Performance Improvement Plan do you, as the supervisor, know what that entails and how to do it? For reference below is a link from OPM on Supervisory Leadership Development: https://www.opm.gov/wiki/training/Supervisory-Leadership-Development/Print.aspx In light of the Pandemic there are new HR polices in place with more coming in areas like: Excused Leave for Dependent Care/Caregiving; additional leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) During the COVID-19 Pandemic; a new Paid Parental Leave Program; policies concerning teleworking, etc. Much of these polices fall on the supervisor to know, implement, approve/disapprove for subordinates, etc. In sum try and get as much training about this part of the job e.g. being a supervisor as you can. Good luck!
  8. Department of Commerce website has information on DPAS that may be useful to you: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/other-areas/strategic-industries-and-economic-security-sies/defense-priorities-a-allocations-system-program-dpas
  9. The DOD office that you can contact for DPAS assistance is the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Industrial Policy. They are delegated authority from the Dept. of Commerce (DOC) that administers the Defense Production Act and related Executive Orders. The DOC website has a briefing package for Industry. The link is as follows: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/other-areas/strategic-industries-and-economic-security-sies/defense-priorities-a-allocations-system-program-dpas From the slide deck: "In the event of a problem a person should immediately contact the contract administration officer for guidance or assistance"
  10. See FAR Subpart 33.1 Protests for information on protest to the Agency, to GAO, and to US Court of Federal Claims. Per GAO: "In general, a protest challenging the terms of a solicitation must be filed before the time for receipt of initial proposals. A protest challenging the award of a contract must be filed within 10 days of when a protester knows or should know of the basis of the protest (a special case applies where, under certain circumstances, the protester receives a required debriefing). Please be aware that the regulations regarding the timely filing of protests depend on the circumstances of each case and are strictly enforced. For more information, see our Bid Protest Regulations (4 C.F.R. § 21.2) and Bid Protests at GAO: a Descriptive Guide." https://www.gao.gov/legal/bid-protests/faqs
  11. Have you looked at Defense Acquisition University "Ask a Professor" website? If not you may find it helpful. Here's the link: https://www.dau.edu/aap/Pages/home.aspx Another resource you may want to check is the National Contract Management Association. Here's the link: https://www.ncmahq.org/
  12. I would suggest you consider submitting an REA. If that is denied than you can pursue a claim. Here's an interesting read that is on REA vs. Claim: REA or Claim (2).doc
  13. In addition to the eCFR I would also suggest you use the General Services Administration web site Acquisition.gov https://www.acquisition.gov/ This site has the FAR and links to Department/Agency FAR supplements. In addition you can sign up for email alerts when proposed/final rules for FAR changes are issued.
  14. If you are a Government subcontractor your company is required to have a written code of business ethics and conduct and should have information on how to disclose violations - see FAR Subpart 3.10 - Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct. I would refer to this code and follow what it says for reporting your issue.
  • Create New...