I'm fairly new to the Contracts world, and currently have a situation where I'm needing to know if we can go back and invoice for costs after a Task Order has been closed. Here's a brief summary:
1. We are the Subcontractor to a Prime who has a USG contract.
2. The Task Order is a T&M Task Order and expired in January of 2016.
3. During this time frame, our F&A department's process for reconciling to ensure accurate invoicing was lacking
4. We submitted our Release of Claims form to the prime in 2017.
5. We received a deob mod for closeout shortly after.
6. The Prime recently in the last few months has started reconciling their records, and has found that our Release of Claims form does not match the invoicing records on their end and is asking us to send then a revised Release of Claims form. The discrepancy is very small and is just essentially an admin change to true up records.
7. While performing our revamped and much more accurate reconciliation process after this request was received, we found ~$3,500 in cost that we never invoiced to the Prime.
My question: At this point, would we be able to go back to the Prime and invoice these costs that we missed? Or is it too late since the Task Order has been closed?
TIA for any input.