Jump to content
The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

BobZeglin

Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About BobZeglin

  • Rank
    New

Recent Profile Visitors

367 profile views
  1. Hi Don, Do you have an email for the webmaster? Since they are blocking all non .mil domains I am unable to even find contact information. The acquisition.gov site is a huge step down especially for people that have used Hill's Farsite for years. I vaguely remember you providing a pdf version of the Farsite when I took CON 090 with you in 2012, any chance you have an updated version that you could post to wifcon? Thanks, Bob
  2. Perfect! That's exactly what I will do. I hadn't heard of such an approach before. Do I get points for partially inventing it in my own world? Thanks to you both for your quick responses on this!
  3. Another issue with going unrestricted is our small business competition advocate has to sign off when we go full and open. They typically require a 30 day sources sought notice before they will green light full and open. Can you think of a reason the two solicitations violates any regs? Also, needed to mention I'm non-DOD so we're really just talking FAR rules.
  4. I have a services requirement for a lab study that is under tight time constraints. The lab study requires collection of soil samples prior to winter conditions. Before soil samples can be collected, there is various work that must be conducted in sequence. If we can set aside exclusively for small business we would prefer to do so, however, we anticipate it will take vendors 20-30 days to prepare a quote and we have not yet located any small business sources. We do not have enough time for a sources sought notice followed by a 30 day solicitation. We only have time for the 30 day solicitation. My thought is to issue two solicitations for the same requirement, one set aside for small business and the other full and open. In the FBO posting I would disclose that it is being solicited under both and I would indicate that if we receive adequate competition to justify the small business set-aside, the full and open would be cancelled. If we don't have enough small business sources, any offers from small business would be considered in response to the full and open solicitation. I've read through FAR parts 5,6,7 and 10 but haven't found anything regarding multiple solicitations, specifically whether it is permitted or not. My alternative is to dissolve the small business set-aside under 6.302-2 Unusual and Compelling Urgency but I would like to keep a set-aside on the table if possible. Pertinent information: Commercial, contract value with options anticipated to be over the SAT, would be issued as a RFQ, under $250K. Requirement cannot be delayed due to EPA requirements. Any quick answers would be greatly appreciated as I only have a couple days to make the decision. My supervisor says he would back the decision unless he is able to find verbiage that forbids it.
×
×
  • Create New...