Jump to content
The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

newanalyst

Members
  • Content Count

    19
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About newanalyst

  • Rank
    New
  1. Thank you to all who responded...you have given me much to think about. Thanks again...
  2. Can a commercial service be something other than Part 12?
  3. Current facts - Overhaul of commercial engine has been determined to be a commercial service Service was not competed Due to statute/regulation, commercial = firm fixed price (FFP) Vendor who completes engine overhauls does not firm fix price to their commercial customers. Some items in an overhaul are "on condition only", meaning the item will be inspected by the vendor and if it passes the inspection, will not be changed. When an engine is received by the vendor, the vendor determines what is required to complete the overhaul but can only assess that once the engine is
  4. Just wondering why no one has responded....Have I posted the question in the wrong forum?
  5. Has anyone requested/obtained approval for a reporting waiver? If so, was it difficult to obtain the approval? Thank you...
  6. The effort is a service, Contractor Logistics Support to be exact. Everything is commercial. When you ask if I think I can legally have a CR CLIN - in a nutshell, that was my question to the forum. Statutes/FAR say CR "contracts" are prohibited for acquisition of commercial items. Are "contracts" and "CLINs" considered the same thing? If they are, then I have my answer...it's not legal. If they aren't, then I would deduce that CR CLINs may be allowed on the contract. I am trying to understand the FAR/statute and determine in the process what the available options are for doing the right
  7. CR CLINs would be for labor, material, and travel of efforts that are not well-defined (for example - crash damage repair, engineering services or as-requested additional maintenance support)
  8. Situation: trying to contract for commercial services and statute/regulation says that the use of cost-reimbursement contracts is prohibited for the acquisition of commercial items, and that agencies shall use firm-fixed-price contracts or fixed price contracts with economic price adjustment for the acquisition of commercial items. The majority of the effort is FFP (~92%) and we'd like to utilize a few CR CLINs (remaining 8%) on the otherwise FFP contract. Question: Since the statute/regulation specifies "contract", does that statute/regulation also apply to "CLINs" on the "contract"? I may
  9. Thanks ji20874. I'll run this by our Acq Center...
  10. Not sure if this is the right forum for these questions, but here it goes... Scenario: We are in the process of developing an IGE and J&A for the production of a widget, but would also like to include retrofits/modifications to said widget. Retrofits/modifications must be made by widget's OEM (from an integration perspective) as they own the Tech Data Package and it currently is not for sale. Is it possible to contract for an unknown quantity, unknown schedule, and unknown dollar amount of retrofits/modifications? In other words, can my requirement simply be for retrofit/modification s
  11. Is Cost and Software Data Reporting (CSDR) (specifically the cost bit of it) required for commercial Contractor Logistics Support? I've reviewed DoD Manual 5000.04-M-1, dated 4 Nov 11, but it is a bit confusing to me. In Enclosure 5, paragraph 4.b.(2) the manual states "CSDR coverage begins at milestone (MS) A or the equivalent and extends to the completion of production. It continues through the sustainment phase if contractor logistics support (CLS) meets CSDR thresholds." Then in paragraph 4.c.(1), it states "The CCDR requirement applies to program contracts and subcontracts regardless o
  12. Are Class J&As used that much anymore? In doing a little research, it appears they are not. Wanted to confirm that observation, and if true, ask why they are not used. In the current contracting environment, is it more difficult to get a class J&A approved v. an individual J&A? Thank you...
  13. Are Class J&As used that much anymore? In doing a little research, it appears they are not. Wanted to confirm that observation, and if true, ask why they are not used. In the current contracting environment, is it more difficult to get a class J&A approved v. an individual J&A? Thank you...
×
×
  • Create New...