Instructions to Quoters—Commercial Items
(a) North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code and small business size standard. The NAICS code and small business size standard for this acquisition appear in Block 10 of the solicitation cover sheet (SF 1449). However, the small business size standard for a concern which submits a quotation in its own name, but which proposes to furnish an item which it did not itself manufacture, is 500 employees.
( b ) Submission of quotations. Submit quotations to the office specified in this solicitation at or before the exact time specified in this solicitation. Quotations may be submitted on the SF 1449, letterhead stationery, or as otherwise specified in the solicitation. As a minimum, quotations must show-
(1) The solicitation number;
(2) The time specified in the solicitation for receipt of quotations;
(3) The name, address, and telephone number of the quoter;
(4) A technical description of the items being quoted in sufficient detail to evaluate compliance with the requirements in the solicitation. This may include product literature, or other documents, if necessary;
(5) Terms of any express warranty;
(6) Price and any discount terms;
(7) “Remit to” address, if different than mailing address;
(8) A completed copy of the representations and certifications at FAR 52.212-3 (see FAR 52.212-3( b ) for those representations and certifications that the quoter shall complete electronically);
(9) Acknowledgment of Solicitation Amendments;
(10) Past performance information, when included as an evaluation factor, to include recent and relevant contracts for the same or similar items and other references (including contract numbers, points of contact with telephone numbers and other relevant information); and
(11) If the quotation is not submitted on the SF 1449, include a statement specifying the extent of agreement with all terms, conditions, and provisions included in the solicitation. Quotations that fail to furnish required representations or information, or reject the terms and conditions of the solicitation may be excluded from consideration.
( c ) Product samples. When required by the solicitation, product samples shall be submitted at or prior to the time specified for receipt of quotations. Unless otherwise specified in this solicitation, these samples shall be submitted at no expense to the Government, and returned at the sender’s request and expense, unless they are destroyed during preaward testing.
(d) Multiple quotations. Quoters are encouraged to submit multiple quotations presenting alternative terms and conditions or commercial items for satisfying the requirements of this solicitation. Each quotation submitted will be evaluated separately.
(e) Late submissions.
(1) Quoters are responsible for submitting quotations so as to reach the Government office designated in the solicitation by the time specified in the solicitation. If no time is specified in the solicitation, the time for receipt is 4:30 p.m., local time, for the designated Government office on the date that quotations are due.
(2) Any quotation received at the Government office designated in the solicitation after the exact time specified for receipt of quotations is late and will not be considered unless it is received before award is made and the Contracting Officer determines that accepting the late quotation would not unduly delay the acquisition.
(3) If an emergency or unanticipated event interrupts normal Government processes so that quotations cannot be received at the Government office designated for receipt of quotations by the exact time specified in the solicitation, and urgent Government requirements preclude amendment of the solicitation or other notice of an extension of the closing date, the time specified for receipt of quotations will be deemed to be extended to the same time of day specified in the solicitation on the first work day on which normal Government processes resume.
(f) Contract award. The Government intends to evaluate quotations and issue a purchase order based on the initial quotations received. Therefore, the quoter’s initial quotation should contain the quoter’s best terms from a price and technical standpoint. The Government reserves the right to request revised quotations from, or negotiate final purchase order terms with, one or more, but not all, quoters if later determined by the Contracting Officer to be necessary. However, the Contracting Officer will not establish a competitive range, conduct discussions, or otherwise use the procedures described at FAR 15.306. The Government may reject any or all quotations if such action is in the public interest; and issue a purchase order to other than the quoter with the lowest priced quotation.
(g) Multiple awards. The Government may issue a purchase order for any item or group of items of a quotation, unless the quoter qualifies the quotation by specific limitations. Unless otherwise provided in the Schedule, quotations may not be submitted for quantities less than those specified. The Government reserves the right to make an award on any item for a quantity less than the quantity quoted, at the unit prices quoted, unless the quoter specifies otherwise in the quotation.
(h) Availability of requirements documents cited in the solicitation.
(1)(i) The GSA Index of Federal Specifications, Standards and Commercial Item Descriptions, FPMR Part 101-29, and copies of specifications, standards, and commercial item descriptions cited in this solicitation may be obtained for a fee by submitting a request to-
GSA Federal Supply Service Specifications Section
470 East L’Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC 20407
Telephone (202) 619-8925
Facsimile (202) 619-8978. (ii) If the General Services Administration, Department of Agriculture, or Department of Veterans Affairs issued this solicitation, a single copy of specifications, standards, and commercial item descriptions cited in this solicitation may be obtained free of charge by submitting a request to the addressee in paragraph (h)(1)(i) of this provision. Additional copies will be issued for a fee.
(2) Most unclassified Defense specifications and standards may be downloaded from the following ASSIST websites:
(i) ASSIST (https://assist.dla.mil/online/start/).
(ii) Quick Search (http://quicksearch.dla.mil/).
(iii) ASSISTdocs.com (http://assistdocs.com).
(3) Documents not available from ASSIST may be ordered from the Department of Defense Single Stock Point (DoDSSP) by-
(i) Using the ASSIST Shopping Wizard (https://assist.dla.mil/wizard/index.cfm);
(ii) Phoning the DoDSSP Customer Service Desk (215) 697-2179, Mon-Fri, 0730 to 1600 EST; or
(iii) Ordering from DoDSSP, Building 4, Section D, 700 Robbins Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111-5094, Telephone (215) 697-2667/2179, Facsimile (215) 697-1462.
(4) Nongovernment (voluntary) standards must be obtained from the organization responsible for their preparation, publication, or maintenance.
(i) Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number. (Applies to all quotations exceeding $3,000, and quotations of $3,000 or less if the solicitation requires the Contractor to be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database.) The quoter shall enter, in the block with its name and address on the cover page of its quotation, the annotation “DUNS” or “DUNS+4” followed by the DUNS or DUNS+4 number that identifies the quoter’s name and address. The DUNS+4 is the DUNS number plus a 4-character suffix that may be assigned at the discretion of the quoter to establish additional SAM records for identifying alternative Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) accounts (see FAR Subpart 32.11) for the same concern. If the quoter does not have a DUNS number, it should contact Dun and Bradstreet directly to obtain one. A quoter within the United States may contact Dun and Bradstreet by calling 1-866-705-5711 or via the internet at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. A quoter located outside the United States must contact the local Dun and Bradstreet office for a DUNS number. The quoter should indicate that it is a quoter for a Government contract when contacting the local Dun and Bradstreet office.
(j) System for Award Management. Unless exempted by an addendum to this solicitation, by submission of a quotation, the quoter acknowledges the requirement that a prospective awardee shall be registered in the SAM database prior to award, during performance and through final payment of any contract resulting from this solicitation. If the Quoter does not become registered in the SAM database in the time prescribed by the Contracting Officer, the Contracting Officer will proceed to award to the next otherwise successful registered Quoter. Quoters may obtain information on registration and annual confirmation requirements via the SAM database accessed throughhttps://www.acquisition.gov.
(k) Requests for information. The contracting officer will not notify unsuccessful quoters that responded to this solicitation. Quoters may request information on award(s) resulting from this solicitation from the contracting officer.